A Community Initiative
The World Class Uppsala network supports socially beneficial initiative that clearly contributes to improvements in society and a better Uppsala. To find such initiatives we work with outreach and networks. We also accept suggestions from organisations and individuals.
Funding for a socially beneficial initiative can be granted by the World Class Uppsala network, provided that all requirements are met. Only initiatives that in a clear way contribute to improvements in society and not only benefit a single person, are supported. Your initiative must respect the equal value, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin colour, political opinion, religious beliefs and social status of all human beings.
The initiative must:
- be arranged by an established association or organization
- arrange an initiative that clearly contributes to the benefit of society, i.e. is for the benefit of the human community and contributes to concrete improvements in society. Your initiative should contribute to, for example, increased: integration, security, sustainability, gender equality or health
- and apply for funding for at least SEK 200,000.
The initiative should also:
- contribute to knowledge sharing, development, exchange of experiences or gather many people in a context that arouses commitment and creates faith in the future, pride and community
- meet current and relevant needs, create opportunities or solve problems and challenges
- and maintain a high level in terms of conceptual excellence.
Funding cannot be given to projects
- that include production of a product that is to be sold, rented out or in any other way generate profit
- or are organized by an individual on his own.
Would you like to suggest an initiative to contributes to increased integration, security, sustainability, gender equality or health and fulfil our criteria? Please send us a summary. We will read the summary, and thereafter decide whether or not we would like an application from you. If so, we will send you an application form. The application will then be approved or denied by the network members. The applications will be handled after the applicationdeadlines, please see the specific dates.
The brief summery must include
- the purpose of the initiative – why is it needed?
- target group – for whom?
- expected effect
- and the sum you would like to apply for.