Apply for financial support for events and conferences
Do you want to arrange something world class? World Class Uppsala believes that events and conferences strengthen Uppsala’s attractiveness. That is why we provide financial support for such types of events. All Light in Uppsala, the O-ring, Uppsala SciFest and Mama Rumba Festival are some examples of appreciated events that have received support from World Class Uppsala.
Financial support from World Class Uppsala can, however, only be obtained under certain conditions. For example, the support must never be part of the basic funding, but is intended to help the event market itself and take the extra step in quality. It is a requirement that the application also includes a project budget where it is clear how the support from World Class Uppsala will be used. We must receive your application at least six months before the event is due to take place.
Future deadlines for applications
31 January 2023
Financial support for events and conferences, hereinafter referred to as “events”, is granted by the World Class Uppsala network, provided that all requirements are met.
The applicant must:
- apply for financial support for a minimum of SEK 50,000 and a maximum of SEK 500,000.
- do not seek support for one and the same event more than three times. Exceptions can be made if the structure changes significantly.
- have a sustainable basic financing for basic costs (e.g. room rent and salary).
- have an orderly financial situation and do not seek funding that exceeds the event’s basic budget.
- implement an arrangement that respects the equal value, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin colour, political opinion, religious beliefs and social status of all human beings.
Your event should also:
- Contribute to knowledge sharing, development and/or exchange of experiences and/or gather many people in a context that arouses commitment and creates faith in the future, pride and community.
- Meet current and relevant needs and/or create opportunities and/or solve problems and challenges.
- Be designed to reach specific target groups within the framework of World Class Uppsala’s primary target group, i.e. “People who live and work in Uppsala and people who want to come to and develop with Uppsala”.
- Maintain a high level in terms of conceptual excellence.
Fill in the application form below for us no later than six months before the event.
World Class Uppsala will, if necessary, undertake credit checks on applicants.
Please note! Annexes in addition to the budget, timetable and activity plan will not be included in the assessment documentation.
Application form - Events & conference
Vill du skapa något bra? Tillsammans kan vi skapa något i världsklass.
Sök ekonomiskt stöd till ditt projekt!